Flora Novae Angliae-Purchase
Copies of New England Wild Flower Society's Flora Novae Angliae are now available for purchase at the Garden Shop at Garden in the Woods for $85. Yale University Press is the publisher.
New England Wild Flower Society is thrilled to announce that after nine years of field, herbarium, and literature study, the definitive Flora Novae Angliae, a Manual for the Identification of Native and Naturalized Higher Vascular Plants of New England, has been published by Yale University Press.
Be one of the first to purchase a copy of New England Wild Flower Society's comprehensive book of the flora of New England, Flora Novae Angliae. One thousand eight pages of individual plant information researched and written by Research Botanist Arthur Haines with 945 illustrations by Elizabeth Farnsworth and Gordon Morrison, this new publication is the most authoritative available.
Two options for purchase:
- Call the Garden Shop @ Garden in the Woods and order the publication over the phone, 508-877-7630, ext 3601
- FLORA Order Form to Print Out and mail in with your check or credit card information
Special features include:
- Up-to-date entries on the taxonomy and distribution of approximately 3,500 species of New England Flora
- Precise distribution information, accurate to the state level
- 1,008 pages
- 945 original illustrations
- Details on unusual plant groups not included in other sources
- Tips on recognizing hybrid plants in the field and on distiguishing among similar species
- Reference list to encourage further research
- Comprehensive glossary
"Arthur Haines's up-to-date, meticulously researched manual will be the standard work on the flora of New England for decades to come, the well-thumbed companion of every serious botanist in New England and of much interest to those practicing in adjacent areas." - Robert Bertin, Professor of Biology, College of the Holy Cross
"At long last, a new flora of New England! Teaching plants and learning about them using an up-to-date flora is a pleasure than New Englanders have long done without." - Dr. A.A. Reznicek, University of Michigan Herbarium
"Arthur Haines has written a remarkable flora, one that at once provides a useful and accessible technical resource for identifying plants in the flora of New England and at the same time brings to our knowledge of the flora a taxonomy that reflects the latest taxonomic inaugurations arising from the availability of modern molecular datasets for analysis of plant diversity and evolution. Mr. Haines's impressively exhaustive knowledge of our flora is evident on every page." - David S. Barrington, Pringle Herbarium, University of Vermont
To read a review of Flora Novae Angliae from Rhodora, click here. The review is reprinted with permission of Rhodora, New England Botanical Club.